Priority was founded with a mission to build a merchant inspired payments platform that would advance the goals of its clients, which includes small- and mid-sized businesses (“SMBs”). Priority builds on this mission by directly supporting local business and technology communities, giving back to the local communities we are proud to call home. With that underlying goal, we engage with our communities by supporting nonprofits and organizations throughout the states of Georgia, Arizona and New York. A sampling of the organizations we support includes:
- Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Priority has been a sponsor of Tech Alpharetta since its inception in 2012, and we have continued to support their mission. Previously known as the Alpharetta Technology Commission, the nonprofit’s mission is to help grow technology and innovation in Alpharetta and includes three service pillars: a startup incubator (the Tech Alpharetta Innovation Center), tech events and its Strategic Board.
- Priority supports the Arizona-based Verde Valley Regional Economic Organization, whose mission is to provides access to resources for regional business creation, attraction, retention and expansion in order to build sustainable economic prosperity.
- In addition to supporting local business, Priority is also committed to causes our leadership and employees are passionate about. We support organizations whose work ranges from addressing needs within our communities to enriching the lives of community members and recognizing their outstanding achievements.
- Priority supports 104 Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU's)throughout the United States and was the initial sponsor for the Black College Football Hall of Fame 11 years ago. We enthusiastically continue our support, contribution and association as they have grown this tremendous program. As part of our support, we host tables at the Black College Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony for our management team and employees that are HBCU alumni. We also host the HBCU Golf Tournament at the Golf Club of Georgia in May.
- Priority proudly supports The Michael Magro Foundation, a non-profit organization established in January 2005 to honor Mike’s life. The efforts of the Foundation started with the pediatric cancer patients and their families at the Cancer Center for Kids at NYU Winthrop-University Hospital as well as to other NYU Winthrop pediatric specialties where the treatment of chronic diseases is ongoing because that is where Mike was treated for his leukemia. Additionally, the Foundation awards two scholarships each year: one is awarded through the Hicksville High School Scholarship program to a student excelling in academics and sports, and the other is a culinary scholarship endowed for a senior entering culinary school.